Chesapeake Bay Helicopters, Inc. began in 1998 and has become a solid provider of LiDAR, orthomosaic photography, infrared and ultraviolet inspection, and other services for the power line and gas companies throughout the United States.
Chesapeake Bay Helicopters, Inc. offers an exciting, high-energy workplace. Our goal is to remain at the forefront of the GIS and photogrammetry industry by offering high quality, technologically superior products and services backed by our experienced staff. We will reach our goal by being knowledgeable, customer-oriented, professional, and resourceful.
As such, we are always looking for adventurous, committed people to join our team and help us to continue to realize our goals. Our employees are the most vital part of our organization, and we credit our dedicated and talented staff for our continued success in the power line industry.
We are looking to fill a team of Field Data Collectors for deployment throughout the country. Our home office is in Chesapeake, VA. The Field Data Collector collects viable data in a timely fashion to meet acquisition deadlines. Ability to work on the road up to three weeks at a time is required.
- Operate helicopter based data collection equipment.
- Collect GPS and related data.
- Operate GPS equipment according to specifications.
- Perform basic data collection duties, such as setting up tripods, completing log sheets, transfer and backup of collected data, and maintaining proper security of data.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Ship and disseminate data in a timely fashion.
- Track information, as necessary. Prepare and submit logs, reports, credit card receipts, expense reports, and other materials, as required.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in compliance with company policies.
- Other duties, as required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The position requires a significant amount of travel.
- The work is done from helicopters, during all seasons. The ability to adapt to different weather conditions is required. Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Must meet height and weight requirements based on the helicopter’s limits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree, or certificate in relevant course of study, or the equivalent work experience.
Proficiency in software applications, MS Office, Excel, Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to collect photography with the door removed from the helicopter. The employee is occasionally required to maintain or troubleshoot equipment installed on the helicopter, requiring the employee to reach with hands and arms and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee can be occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is required to be worn while working near aircraft.
Job Type: Full-time